Our Gallup refinery is located near Gallup, New Mexico, and is the only active refinery in the Four Corners area. The crude oil capacity of the refinery is approximately 26,000 barrels per calendar day (bpcd).
The Gallup refinery primarily processes high-quality crude known as Four Corners Sweet into gasoline, distillate, heavy fuel oil and propane. Products from the refinery are distributed via transport truck and rail.
Health, Safety and Environment
At MPC, the health and safety of our employees is of paramount concern. We take steps to ensure an accident-free, incident-free workplace no matter where it is. Due to that commitment, we've implemented safety measures and been recognized as a leader in safety.
At the same time, we are committed to minimizing our impact on the environment. As such, we are involved in multiple programs, support several organizations and implement various initiatives that aim to protect our environment and the local communities in which we operate.
Below is a list of accolades and accomplishments that we've earned at our Gallup refinery.
- On-site lab certifies finished products to meet all government specifications and regulations
- Enforce a disciplined framework that includes comprehensive design, engineering, operating and maintenance practices. Industry-recognized methodologies used to assure process safety and asset integrity, and to reduce the risk of incidents.
At Marathon Petroleum, we know that community is important. It's why we do what we do every day. So, aside from fueling the Gallup area, we also make it a priority to be actively involved in efforts that have a positive impact on the community. Listed below are some of the ways that we do just that.
- Strive to make a positive and ongoing impact on the lives of our neighbors with programs and practices that provide meaningful support to the community
- Supported more than 30 area organizations, including Big Brothers Big Sisters, Community Pantry, Humane Society, Future Foundations Family Center, Greater Gallup Economic Development Corp and Western Health Foundation
- Provided more than $100,000 in annual community investment funds to non-profit organizations in 2018