Submit Search
Customer ServiceContact UsSite Map

Ohio Refining Division

  • Site: Located in Canton, 60 miles southeast of Cleveland, Ohio, on approximately 180 acres 
  • History: Built in 1931 by Allegheny-Arrow Oil Company; purchased by Ashland Oil Inc. in 1948; became a part of MPC’s refining system in 1998; fully owned by MPC in 2005; the only refinery in eastern Ohio
  • Refining Capacity: 80,000 barrels per calendar day 
  • Crude Oil Supply: Sweet and sour crude oils including crude oil and condensate currently being produced from the Utica Shale
  • Operations: Crude distillation, catalytic cracking, hydrotreating, reforming, alkylation and sulfur recovery
  • Products: Gasoline, distillates, asphalt, roofing flux, propane slurry and sulfur
  • Product Distribution: Pipeline, transport truck and rail
  • Employment: Approximately 350 employees and 300 contract workers


Canton Refinery Fact Sheet

 

For additional details on safety & environmental stewardship and community involvement, download the Ohio Refining Division Fact Sheet

Acrobat Reader download