Based in a team-oriented work environment, Global Procurement interacts with Operations, Law, Business Integrity, Safety, Environmental, Engineering, Maintenance and other organizations.
Global Procurement is organized into five major components: Major Projects, Strategic Sourcing, Process Systems & Control and Procurement. Downstream Procurement supports Energy, Corporate, Refining and Marketing and Transportation.
Projects may include but are not limited to:
- Establishing and maintaining rapport with suppliers and the company's employees and management, while developing an awareness of the company's commitment to high ethical standards, environmental stewardship, employee safety and community responsibility
- Hands-on purchasing of indirect goods and services and cross-functional strategic sourcing activities
- Preparing and analyzing bid packages and negotiating contractual terms and commercial issues
- Project and turnaround support in staging and tracking of inventory; approval of re-supply requisitions and daily cycle count reconciliation
Internships available for: Summer, Fall and Winter/Spring
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Supply Chain Management, Integrated Supply Management, Purchasing, Industrial Distribution or Transportation & Logistics
- 3.0 minimum overall GPA
- Potential Hiring Locations:
- Canton, Ohio
- Catlettsburg, Kentucky
- Detroit, Michigan
- Findlay, Ohio
- Garyville, Louisiana
- Robinson, Illinois
- Texas City, Texas
To apply for a University Internship/Co-op or Entry-level position,
please click here.
An Equal Opportunity Employer