Marathon Petroleum Corporation, its affiliates and subsidiaries recognize and respect the privacy of our customers and other visitors to this Web Site. It is our goal to help you retain your privacy when you visit our Web Site.
(1) Collection of Personal Data from Site Visitors. As you navigate within our Web Site, we may automatically collect and track your home server domain name, IP address, location, type of computer, and type of Web browser, as well as aggregate information on the pages within our Web Site that you access.
We may place Internet cookies on your hard drive. When you revisit our Web Site, we may recognize you by the Internet cookie and customize your experience accordingly. These Internet cookies are stored on your hard drive and are not stored, in any form, by us. You may decline the Internet cookie by using the appropriate feature of your Web client software, if available.
When a visitor performs a search on our Web Site’s search engine, we may record information identifying you or linking you to the search performed. As necessary to provide this service, we do record limited information for every search request and use that information only to solve technical problems with the service and to calculate overall usage statistics.
(2) Use of Personal Data Collected. We will use personal data collected from our Web Site for statistical analysis of users’ behavior, product development, content improvement, and to customize content and layout of the Web Site. We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, and to administer the Web Site.
(3) Disclosure of Personal Data to Third Parties. We do not post, sell or provide individual or aggregated personal information collected through our Web Site to third parties. We will notify you before posting collected personal data on the Web Site, or sharing, renting, selling, or otherwise disclosing individual personal data to third parties.
If you send electronic mail messages to the Company, we may use your personal information (including your email address), for responding to your inquiry, improving our services to you and other customers, and tracking the inquiries we receive.
(4) Opt-Out Right. You may opt out of having your personal data retained by Company or used by Company for secondary purposes by contacting us via postal mail or telephone. Company may be contacted at Marathon Petroleum Corporation, Customer Relations, 539 South Main Street, Findlay, OH 45840 or 1-866-462-7284.
(5) Collection of Personal Data from Children. We will not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of eighteen without a parent’s or guardian’s consent. We do not provide any personally identifying information collected from children, regardless of its source, to any third party for any purpose whatsoever. We will not use information collected from children for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, either inside or outside the Company. We encourage parents and guardians to spend time online with their children and to participate in any interactive activities offered on web sites.
(6) Company’s Right to Contact User. We reserve the right to contact site visitors regarding changes to this privacy statement or any other policies or agreements relevant to such visitors.
(7) Company’s Right to Change Privacy Statement. We reserve the right to change this policy at any time by posting a notice on our Web Site of the existence and location of the new or revised privacy statement. Such posting shall be the sole notice required to make the new or revised policy statement effective. Please check this policy statement on a regular basis.
(8) Security. Security of your personal information is important and we honor your choices for its intended use. Once received, we work to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, if we receive a subpoena or other enforceable order to disclose information, we will need to comply. In addition, if the Company is sold, assigned, merged, etc., the successor company may receive and use your data subject to its own privacy statement.
(9) Other Sites. This privacy statement applies only to this Web Site. While this Web Site may contain links to other third party sites, we are not responsible for the practices or contents of such third party sites.
(10) Enforcement. If for some reason you believe we have not adhered to this policy statement, please notify us through the Contact Us Section and we will do our best to determine and correct the problem promptly. Be certain the words “Privacy Statement” are in the Subject line.